The GONG PUJA, created by Don Conreaux is a transformational experience for both players and receivers. Bringing their bedding into the gong space, receivers spend the whole night in a cocoon of healing vibrations from 8 gongs, played continuously on rotation by a group of experienced gong practitioners.
This sound ceremony celebrates the Celtic festival of Samhain (Sow-ain): in the dark half of the year the veils between the worlds are thinnest, creating the perfect moment to honour our ancestors and loved ones.
We gather for an opening circle with chanting, meditation & intention, then move into silence as the gongs begin to play. Please note the level of sound remains continuous through the night so you won't be shaken with tons of loud crescendos. Instead the gongs allow you to drift between states of consciousness.
After the gongs finish in the morning there will be a deep silence before guided integration (breathing/ stretching), a shared breakfast and closing/ sharing circle. Herbal teas, our special chai and (vegan) breakfast are provided but many people like to bring some food to share (vegi only please).
The space is very warm with underfloor heating and a wood burner. However please dress warmly in layers and be aware you will be laying on the floor through the night (see below what to bring).
Flow of the event:
- Please have your bed set up by 9pm. Doors are open from 8.30pm
- Gongs from 10pm through the night
- Breakfast 8am-ish
- Sharing & closing
- You will need to clear your bedding etc by 10am
What to wear: comfy clothing, layers, thick socks.
What to bring:
- Any extra refreshments you need
- Something to lay on (several layers of yoga mats, camping mat or inflatable mattress - nothing that squeaks please or we will have to remove it!)
- Covers such as duvet, sleeping bag, blankets
- A pillow or cushion for your head and a scarf or eye pillow to shade your eyes
- Pictures or sacred objects for the altar - these may relate to your ancestors & loved ones or to the autumn winter season
Health: If you are pregnant, have issue with hearing, metal implants or any health concerns about working with sound pls speak to Ali before booking 07855402837/ email@example.com.
Please note the space will be kept meat, alcohol and drug free throughout. We can't wait to share this special occasion with you. Places are limited so please book soonest. For more detailed info about the gong puja please read my blog post here