Join me for a week of yoga, sound, nature & nourishing food. Top up your pranic reserves ready for the seasonal changes ahead - in the comfort of our family farmhouse on the beautiful Puglian coast.
Wake up to movement & meditation; take a walk among olive trees or soak up the September sun on lush beaches; explore local villages and come back to fresh, home-cooked meals. In the evening, surrender to the healing vibrations of voice-work & gong; come together for a fire ceremony or a stargazing evening.
Plenty of time to share, but also silent time to pause and reconnect with your elemental self. Leave feeling relaxed, rebalanced and recharged.
The retreat at a glance:
- Homely, comfortable accommodation in a beautiful, elemental setting
- Twice daily guided practice
- Asana, pranayama and meditation
- Chanting and sacred sound, daily gong bath
- Cooking lesson
- Two delicious home-made meals
- Access to the kitchen at other times
- Deep relaxation and quiet time
- An opportunity to meet like-minded people
Free time to deepen your own practice, read, go to the beach, walk, explore local villages etc.
The retreat in detail
You will stay in an elegant Italian farmhouse surrounded by olive groves. The property has a beautiful covered terrace for yoga and a lush garden to relax, read or socialize. Rooms are spacious and decorated with family memorabilia. Make this your home for the week, and soak up the laidback, calming and relaxed atmosphere.
- 7.00-9.00am Morning yoga class and meditation
- 9.30am Breakfast/Brunch
- Free time
- 5.00-6.30pm Evening sound work
- 7.00pm Dinner
*Note: there will be only one class on the arrival and departure day.
The yoga offering
Morning class: Our day begins with meditation, capturing the stillness of the sunrise, before moving into yoga asana and pranayama (postures & breathwork). We draw upon the five great elements (from earth to ether) to better understand and balance our bodies and minds. I combine a slow flow, to get the energy moving and bring body & breath into union, with postures held for longer in stillness; where we can go deeper into the energetics of the pose.
Evening class: I will sacred sound practices with you, including mantra chanting and voice work as well as sound baths centred around the majestic, powerful vibrations of the gongs, supported by singing bowls and elemental instruments. Sound is an extension of the yogic path: raising consciousness, bringing personal transformation and self healing.
*Note: all classes are taught in English (though we do have an Italian speaking host who can assist you) and are open to all levels.
Ali Gunning is a healing sound practitioner, yoga therapist & yoga teacher, based in Cornwall and offering workshops & retreats in the UK, Europe & India. ‘I came to sound through mantra and now specialise in working with the majestic Gong: a tool for raising consciousness; self healing, stillness, union and wholeness. I’m passionate about sharing sound, breath & movement practices which can bring transformation in all areas of life, all layers of our being. This has certainly been my own experience!'
Traditional recipes from the Puglia region, made using only local seasonal products, will be offered during the retreat. All meals will be vegetarian. If you have any dietary requirements (vegan, gluten free etc.), please notify us at the time of the booking and we will do our best to accommodate them.
The local area
Salento is an enchanting part of the South of Italy with many historical towns to visit, art to discover, fabulous food to enjoy and beautiful coastline to explore.
Only a few suggestions…
- Head to the beach of Punta Prosciutto, renown for its white sand and translucent water, for a swim, a walk or some quiet time in nature.
- Pack your lunch, put your trainers on and walk through a pine forest until you reach the bay of Porto Selvaggio. Sit on the rocks and enjoy the wonderful views.
- Take a stroll around the walls of the old fort town of Gallipoli and stop in one of the many cafés and restaurants looking out to the sea. Browse around the many ceramic workshops in Grottaglie. Discover the city of Lecce, a Baroque masterpiece, bursting with churches, piazzas and palazzi and stop for a gelato or a pasticciotto (typical pastry with cream filling) while soaking up the atmosphere. Watch the boats coming into the port for the evening and enjoy an aperitivo at sunset in Porto Cesareo.
- £1,080 Private double room – 1 x person (shared bathroom)
- £1,960 Private double room – 2 x people sharing (shared bathroom) - £980/person
- £925 Twin/Triple room shared - cost x person (shared bathroom)
Early bird offers - until 30th April
- £990 Private double room – 1 x person (shared bathroom)
- £1,780 Private double room – 2 x people sharing (shared bathroom) - £890/person
- £850 Twin/Triple room shared - cost x person (shared bathroom)
Note: Price includes yoga tuition, accommodation and two home-cooked meals per day. Does not include flights. Our online payment system will add 3.4% +20p booking charge to your order. A non-refundable £150 deposit is required to secure your space and the balance will then be due by July 6th.
Flights & Transfer
Ryanair, Easyjet and British Airways offer affordable flights to Bari and Brindisi, the closest airports. We recommend booking your flights around 10 weeks prior. A free airport transfer from and to Brindisi airport is offered for the recommended flights below:
Easyjet Out: Sat 15 Sep, departing at 5.45am from London Gatwick and arriving at Brindisi at 9.40am / Return: Sat 22 Sep, departing at 10.10am from Brindisi and arriving at London Gatwick at 12.10pm
Ryanair Out: Sat 15 Sep, departing at 6.20am from London Stansted and arriving at Brindisi at 10.20am/ Return: Sat 22 Sep, departing at 10.45am from Brindisi and arriving at London Stansted at 12.50pm
*Note: Please ensure that you inform us if you have booked one of the recommended flights. If you are on a different flight, transport can be arranged at an extra charge. Please enquire for further information.
The masseria is in a rural setting. The main town, Avetrana, and the closest beach, Punta Prosciutto, are only a short drive away. A car would be recommended if you wish to travel further afield, but transport by taxi can be arranged upon request. For bikes, please enquire at the time of the booking.
Terms and Conditions for Retreats:
Deposit and payment:
We require a £150 non-refundable deposit per person. There is a 7 day cooling off period after making the deposit during which time the £150 is refundable should you change your mind for any reason and cancel your booking in writing (by email).
Full payment is required no later than ten weeks before departure. Provided there is space, bookings can be accepted until the date of departure, but for bookings within ten weeks of departure, immediate payment in full is required.
If you cancel: (a) More than ten weeks before departure, the deposit is forfeited. (b) Less than ten weeks before departure, the following percentage of the total fee is retained or payable, even if the balance remains outstanding: 8-10 weeks: 50%; 6-8 weeks: 75%; 1-6 weeks: 100%.
Notification of the cancellation of the retreat must be given in writing to us.
The minimum number for the retreat to take place is 10 people. In the unlikely event that the event is cancelled by Resonant retreats you will be notified as soon as possible and a full refund of the total cost of your booking will be made.
The exchange rate for currency already converted for any refunds on retreats abroad will be at the rate given by the bank handling the transaction and shall be at the rate applicable on the date of the refund.
Travel Insurance, Visa’s and Health Advice:
All participants are responsible for arranging their own personal travel insurance providing full cover for the duration of the retreat for any loss or injury, including repatriation if necessary.
· We reserve the right to make changes to our retreat programme, or facilitators.
· It is your responsibility to make your own flight and travel arrangements.
· We do not accept liability for any costs incurred as a result of any of the following: Cancellations, delays or changes caused by war, threat of war, closure of airports, civil strife, industrial action, natural disaster, technical problems with transport, or other events beyond our control; participants' medical or psychiatric conditions which may develop during or subsequent to the retreat loss of, or damage to, personal property of participants.